Cozy flat by the Magic Fountain
- Family/child friendly
- Air conditioning
|Address||Amposta, 08004 Barcelona, Spain|
|Response time||A few hours|
- Located in 'Sants' district this fully equipped apartment has capacity to accommodate up to 3 visiting guests, within it´s double bedroom, single bedroom and living room. This typical Barcelona style apartment is clean and quiet, very bright and airy, and it is equipped with air conditioning and heating. There are original floor tiles throughout, classic Barcelona in a very relaxing atmosphere.
It´s in a 4th floor (bad thing there´s no elevator, good thing is a good way of burning the extra calories of the gorgeous spanish food).
-We provide free wi-fi and clean sheets and towels to make your stay in Barcelona as confortable as at home.
-Since you won´t be sahring the flat is ideal for families or groups of friends.
About the location:
- Metro lines (green and red) 250m from building exit!
- Great for Barcelona Airport (20 mins each way).
- Girona Airport Bus easy connection (10 mins from Bus Station by Metro)
"Sants" district is 15mis walk from Barcelona's centre, and one of the most lively and interesting areas of the city.
Located in the very famous Plaça España, is ideal for those who attend to international conventions in "Fira de Barcelona"
The brand new 'Arenas' Shopping complex - designed by the prestigious Hight Tech architect Richard Rogers over an old Bull Rings, offers everything you may need going from supermarkets, all kind of shops, restaurants, caffes, cinemas to a gym.
At Plaça España you can also find the The Magic Fountain, one of the last projects on the site of the 1929 Universal Exhibition, which included the cascades and smaller fountains which fill Avinguda de Maria Cristina and its dancing water show.
Just arround the corner ( i mean it literally) you´ll find The Caixa Forum, one of the main Modern Art Cultural Centers and The Olympic Stadium.
The Cataluya National Art Museum, The Mies Van der Rohe Pabillion and The Joan Miró fundation are also very close by. You can see some of them from the window.
A 15 minutes walk in the opposite direction and you're in the nerve centers of Barcelona: Plaça de Catalunya, leading on one side to the Ramblas and on the other to Passig the Gràcia Av.
At 3 blocks from the entrance, you´ll find the aerobus stop 'Plaza Espaya' and the Metro Lines 1 and 3 (red and green), from where you can easily connect to any area of the city.
The area is really safe and offers an excellent variety of shops, cafes & restaurants and it's out of the main tourist trap of Old Barcelona (better looking in picts than in real life) but only 20 mins away from the gothic quarter.
Places of interest:
-There's a large supermarket Mercadona and "Veritas Organic products" supermarket (in the Arenas shopping centre) very close by.
-A Bike rental store just arround the corner
For an extra 30 euros we offer transfer service from the airport.
For any further information please don't hesitate in contacting me - you'll receive a prompt reply.
We are available to answer any question you may have - and we´ll try to make your stay as easy as possible ;)
House rulesSmoking is not allowed.
Do not make noise after 22:00.
The check-in later than 21:00 has an extra charge of 30 €.
|Price for > 2 guests||$ 15 CA per guest/night extra|
|Check-in after||2 PM|
|Check-in before||9 PM|
|Check-out before||11 AM|
Reviews of this property
Overall we had a very good stay at the appartement!
The pros: very good location, nice looking appartement, good communication, it is everything is there what you need for a short stay, good Value for money, enough space for two people
The Cons: fourth floor with a lot of steps and narrow staircase, WiFi was very slow, shower is tiny, some of the Kirchen utensils were not very tidy/Old and would need replacement
If you are not too demanding, this the place to go!
Clean. Cute interior decoration. Air Conditioning works well. Miguel is very kind. Available all you need in the kitchen. Excellent situation for tourism: metro, bus… near supermarket and shopping mall. Gabie warned of staircase climbing (no problem for us). Perhaps small shower space for a big guy. Nice apartment for 3 guests, but one of them had better be a child for the single bed size. I would repeat the experience sometime for sure. Thanks, Gabie & Miguel.
tt perfect !! The apartment is very cute small, but with everything you need, the location is great just steps from the Metro and the beautiful Magic Fountain, to visit in the evening with his show of luci.Miguel the owner helpful and polite .Consigliatissimo
tt perfetto!!L'appartamento è molto carino piccolo,ma con tutto il necessario,la posizione è ottima a due passi dalla metro e dalla bellissima Fontana magica,da visitare la sera con il suo spettacolo di luci.Miguel il proprietario disponibile e gentile .Consigliatissimo
• The apartment is very well positioned. Many attractions are within walking distance
• Many shops, restaurants and snack bars nearby
• Washing machine, Air Conditioning, Iron, large refrigerator, large closet, beach umbrella and 2 beach mats, coffee maker (but no coffee), tea various. Sorts, dishes and cooking pots are available
Neutral (Info only):
• The apartment is very small: Shower is about 60cmx60cm, the corridor can 2 people not freely past one another, the house stairs are also very narrow and the floors very high (you have to think carefully about how much baggage is taken)
• The single bed is a bed with springs. Those who do not sleep well on any mattress, it should think twice (on the couch would fit only a child)
• No Dishwasher available if someone is planning, at home to cook '
• Strict house rules (you can not talk to 22h too loud, you can not talk too loud on the stairs, etc.)
• wireless password was in the, house rules' misspelled, so check on the rear panel
• slate floor (if someone interested)
• A switch in the living room makes the socket (be careful, if you turn off the light)
• the parasol is not quality, we have gotten a sunburn, even though we are ONLY sat under the parasol, so can not be relied. Shade yes, but zero protection from the sun
• Now and then there was Sauberkeitsmängel: Finger remained here and there stick to cabinet doors, some crockery and cutlery were dirty (used cup was as' held up clean in the cupboard, cutlery we also rinsed again before we used it) also does not look under the bed reference (not a pretty white)
• when we after 2 days had no Internet, we have reported to us by the owner (in our case an Internet connection was very important because I have planned for and also to work on a bit). But we have never received a response. And we were a week since ...
• Die Wohnung ist sehr gut positioniert. Viele Sehenswürdigkeiten sind zu Fuß erreichbar
• Viele Geschäfte, Restaurants und Imbisse in der Nähe
• Waschmaschine, Klimaanlage, Bügeleisen, großer Kühlschrank, großer Schrank, Sonnenschirm und 2 Strandmatten, Kaffeekocher (aber kein Kaffee), Tee versch. Sorten, Geschirr und Kochtöpfe sind vorhanden
Neutral (Nur als Info):
• Die Wohnung ist SEHR klein: Dusche ist ca. 60cmx60cm, im Flur können 2 Personen nicht frei einander vorbei, die Haustreppen sind ebenfalls sehr schmal und die Etagen sehr hoch (muss man sich sehr gut überlegen, wie viel Gepäck mitgenommen wird)
• Bei dem Einzelbett handelt es sich um ein Bett mit Federn. Diejenigen, die nicht auf jeder Matratze gut schlafen, sollten es sich gut überlegen (auf der Couch würde nur ein Kind passen)
• Keine Spülmaschine vorhanden, falls jemand plant ‚zu Hause‘ zu kochen
• Strenge Hausregeln (man darf nach 22Uhr nicht zu laut sprechen, man darf auf den Treppen nicht zu laut sprechen usw.)
• WLAN-Kennwort war in den ‚Hausregeln‘ falsch geschrieben, also schaut auf der Rückseite des Gerätes
• Schiefer Boden (falls es jemand interessiert)
• Ein Schalter in dem Wohnzimmer tätigt auch die Steckdose (aufpassen, wenn ihr das Licht ausschaltet)
• der Sonnenschirm ist nichts Hochwertiges, wir haben einen Sonnenbrand bekommen, obwohl wir NUR unter dem Sonnenschirm gesessen sind, also ist kein Verlass. Schatten ja, aber null-Schutz vor der Sonne
• Hier und da gab es Sauberkeitsmängel: Finger blieben hier und da an Schranktüren kleben, manches Geschirr und Besteck waren schmutzig (benutzte Tasse wurde als ‚sauber‘ in den Schrank hingestellt, Besteck haben wir auch nochmal gespült, bevor wir es benutzt haben), schaut auch nicht unter dem Couchbezug (kein schöner Weiß)
• als wir nach 2 Tagen kein Internet mehr hatten, haben wir uns beim Eigentümer gemeldet (in unserem Fall war eine Internetverbindung sehr wichtig, da ich geplant habe ab und zu auch ein bisschen zu arbeiten). Wir haben aber eine Rückmeldung nie bekommen. Und wir waren eine ganze Woche da...
We were happy with the accommodation in the apartment of Gabie is in a quiet area and yet close to the metro station and many bus. In the kitchen there was everything you need to do, as we planned, a homemade meal (did not have to take me the mocha!) And the mattresses were comfortable so we slept well and recovered the fatigue of the day as a tourist. Only small negative, if we want to be picky: not being types of nightlife in the evening after dinner we would gladly watched television for a few hours, before giving us good night!
Siamo stati soddisfatti della sistemazione nell'appartamento di Gabie: è in una zona tranquilla e allo stesso tempo vicina alla stazione della metro e di molti autobus. In cucina c'era tutto l'occorrente per fare, come da noi preventivato, un pasto in casa (non occorreva che mi portassi la moka!) e i materassi erano comodi per cui abbiamo dormito bene e recuperato la stanchezza della giornata da turista. Unico piccolo neo, se vogliamo essere pignoli: non essendo tipi da movida notturna, alla sera dopo cena avremmo guardato volentieri la televisione per un paio di ore, prima di darci la buonanotte!
Apartment was nicely looked after, close to Plaza Espanya, easily accessible by subway.
We are sorry for the shower, it is very small.
We have a nice mini trip experience in Barcelona.
Thanks Miguel for the reception.
Appartement was netjes verzorgd, dicht bij plaza espanya, gemakkelijk bereikbaar met de metro.
Spijtig van de douche ,deze is zeer klein.
We hebben een toffe mini trip beleeft in Barcelona.
Bedankt Miguel voor de ontvangst.
My stay in Barcelona was great.
Miguel has been a good host.
I have to say that the apartment was located in a central location and close to everything. To go to the Olympic stadium has befallen us super well.
However I have to put some fault the apartment: Being a room with no elevator, the stairs were exhausting. The coffee maker did not work, there was no toaster and the worst ... there was no TV. The apartment was very clean but the walls were not.
In short my stay was memorable because Barcelona is a wonderful city and its friendly and welcoming people. I will definitely return as soon as possible.
Mi estancia en Barcelona ha sido estupenda.
Miguel ha sido un buen anfitrión.
Tengo que decir que el apartamento estaba ubicado en un sitio centrico y cerca de todo. Para ir al estadio olimpico nos ha venido superbien.
Sin embargo tengo que ponerle algunas pegas al apartamento: Al ser un cuarto sin ascensor, las escaleras eran agotadoras. La cafetera no funcionaba, no habia tostadora y lo peor...no habia televisor ¡¡¡ . El apartamento estaba muy limpio sin embargo las paredes no lo estaban.
En definitiva mi estancia ha sido inolvidable ya que Barcelona es una ciudad maravillosa y sus gentes agradables y acogedoras. Sin duda volveré lo más pronto posible.
We had a superb time in barcelona at gabie & miguel's apartment. Would definitely stay there again! We had the apartment to ourselves so just perfect for seeing barcelona in your own time. The apartment is in a safe and lovely little residential neighbourhood just literally around the corner from the magic fountains and plaza espanya for the metro so very easy to get around. Also loads of supermarkets and restaurants near by. Would like to add that miguel himself very kindly picked us up from the airport when we arrived as we weren't sure how to get to the apartment (although we do now, sants train station, 10
minute walk from apartment then to the airport in 15 minutes from there, easy!) so that was super lovely of him. The apartment itself is quite small but basic and perfect with aircon, heating, (small tube shower) hot shower & working fridge, kitchen, comfy beds etc but it is on the 4th floor with no lift so i recommend you need to be in good health to walk 8 flights of stairs twice a day! Perfect location and great value for money though, i'd definitely stay again, thanks again gabie & miguel!!!! Hannah :)
El trato con el anfitrión, exquisito. Y las condiciones del apartamento, exactamente como nos habían explicado.
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption