MADRAGOA VARINA in typical Lisbon
- Smoking allowed
- Baby cot
SOME FEATURES AND HIGHLIGHTS: ( ALL INCLUDED IN THE TOTAL PRICE )
- Wireless Internet Conection
- Baby Crib and High Chair Available Upon Request
- Fresh Towels and Bed Linen Available
- Complete Equipped Kitchen with all Domestic Apliances, Kitchen Utensils, Cutlrey, Pots and Pans, Toaster, Coffe Machine, Ketlle etc...
- Final Cleaning Included in the Total Price!
- Many other amenities ( check the amenities section )
- This Apartment is Professionally Managed. You will have the guarantee of a warm welcome by one of the menbers of our staff who will explain you how everything works in the apartment and will give you all the needed information and hints and tips of Lisbon for a perfect stay. You will always be monitorized: We are reacheable 24h a day thanks to our emergency call line! At your arrival a map with the major facilities around the area will be at your disposal in the apartment.
BUSES: 727 and others, 150 meters
TRAIN STATIONS: Santos Train Station is 10 min. walking distance. This train will take you to the historical site of Belém and the Estoril and Cascais Coast / Beaches
TRAM: Tram 25 takes you to the city center and most picturesque Lisbon districts - runs 150 meters from the apartment
PROVIDED SERVICES WITH A FEE:
- Airport - Apartment Transfer in private transportation
- Babby Sitting
- Professional Massages
- Tour Guides
- Car Rentals
- Other Available Services
- ATM Machines: 3 minutes walking distance at the Pingo Doce Supermarket
- Authentic Restaurants, Cafés, Pastry Shops, Bakeries and local grocery stores.
- Big Supermarket: 3 minutes walking distance ( Pingo Doce )
- Night Bars and Clubs in Santos area: 10 minutes walking or less
The Apartment is set at Calçada do Castelo Picão in the Madragoa quarter, an old and typical working class neighboorhood where fishermens and the fishwives used to live. There´s a Lisbon icon called "varina" that has its origin here, which gives the name to this apartment and is the fishwive with a basket full of fish on her head proclaiming sayings to sell the fish! Here we can find typical portuguese tascas to eat, but very close from here in Santos district we have two of the most emblematic nightlife places in Lisbon: Avenida 24 de Julho and Santos. Also in Janelas Verdes street we can find one of the most important museums in Lisbon: The Museum of Ancient Art. Just a few steps from the apartment crossing the charming Largo do Chafariz e das Janelas Verdes square, you will find this magnificent museum considered to be beyond any doubt the richest and most beautiful in Lisbon with important art collections from the 12th to the 19th century including collections of painting, sculpture, drawings and decorative arts, mostly European and Oriental, and also representing the relationships established between Europe and East following the voyages of discovery began in the fifteenth century that Portugal was a pioneer nation. Next to the museum a peaceful belvedere with insights and viewpoint to the river, Lisbon’s harbour and the 25th April Bridge. Here we highly recommend the ”le chat” cafe esplanade next to this gazebo, one of the best esplanades for sure in Lisbon with stunning views and a modern design.
Going eastwards trough the Janelas Verdes street you find yourself in Santos, the design district and also where we can find the hottest nightspots in Lisbon such as Kapital, Kremlin, or Plateau discothèques among others. Crossing the railway line and already by the riverside you will find open spaces, bicycle and race lanes, the Port of Lisbon and even day and night bars with the best terraces of Lisbon on the Tejo waterfront, as is the case of the Meninos do Rio. On the opposite side and climbing the Lisbon's typical streets from the apartment and heading north, we will find Lapa, a charming and aristocratic neighbourhood. Little by little we perceive the change: from popular, working-class streets with a Renaissance feel down below, we now stroll through the diplomatic and aristocratic air of the Lapa district where large single family mansions, small palaces and gardens surrounded by embassies were built. This must be the "safest area in Lisbon for sure!
The area is well served and connected with public transportation: the bus 727 takes you to the city centre in just 15 minutes and the trains in Santos can take you to Belém, or even outside Lisbon to Estoril and Cascais.
However we are quite flexible to let you in earlier or checking you out later depending on the apartment´s occupancy! We can confirm you all these arrangements the day before you arrive.
Late Check in: Check in after 22:00 has a 20 EUR fee.
An Amount of €150 for stays under 15 days, and €300 for stays of 15 days or more will be asked to you as a guarantee for damages. This amount is to be paid when checking in, in cash and should be refunded to you when checking out.
This procedure may be substituted by the details of the credit card with witch the reservation was made.
The apartment will be ready and cleaned for you before your arrival. Fresh towels and sheets are also provided and all is included in the total price.
|Check-in after||3 PM|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
|Check-out before||11 AM|
Lovely and tastefully decorated, very well located in the Alfama district. Despite the high ambient temperatures, the apartment was relatively mild. Flaw in the health loft (odors) and retail, coffee maker off. For disabled people, no problem, but some areas will seem cramped for others (access stairs, toilets, ...).
Appartement agréable et aménagé avec goût, très bien situé dans le quartier de l'Alfama. Malgré les fortes températures extérieures, l'appartement est resté relativement tempéré.
Petit défaut dans sanitaire de la mezzanine (odeurs) et, détail, la cafetière électrique hors service.
Pour des personnes valides, pas de problème; cependant, certains espaces pourrons paraître exigus pour d'autres (escalier d'accès, sanitaires,...).
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption