CAMPERDOWN NSW. TopFloor, Penthouse Apartment with Views
- Parking available
|Address||Layton Street, 2050 Camperdown, Australia|
|Property type||Private room|
The Modern Penthouse with Roof Top City/District Views.
Come stay in this state of the art apartment and enjoy a large bedroom with the luxury of having your own ensuite bathroom. Feel free to relax in the large lounge room and enjoy the surround sound.
The apartment offers everything you are used to at home including:
- a fully equipped Kitchen
- Sunny Roof Top.
- Fully furnished, equipped co-ordinated.
- Linen, Towels available in all rooms
Enjoy this excellent location and everything Glebe has to offer!
You will be within walking distance to the Heart of Glebe with its many restaurants, cafes, clubs.
Bus across the road from the block takes you all the way to the City Centre. 10 minutes Bus ride to the City, Central Darling Harbour, Exhibition Centre, The Rocks, Sydney Museum etc..
Glebe has a popular market which is held on Saturdays in the grounds of Glebe Primary School. Arts, crafts, clothing and edibles are sold. They are known as the alternative markets for the alternative lifestyle goods that are offered. New and second-hand goods are sold here.
Walking distance to; RPA hospital, Sydney University, Newtown etc..
I am looking forward to welcome you to Camperdown in the near future!
|Weekly rate||$ 592 CA|
|Check-in after||On arrangement|
|Check-in before||On arrangement|
Margaret was very pleasant with us she insists that we are comfortable in his al appartement.La close to antique shops is a must for those who love antiquing.
Margaret a ete tres agreable avec nous elle a insiste pour que nous soyons a l aise dans son appartement.La proximite de boutiques d antiquaires est un plus pour ceux qui aiment chiner.
We stayed with Margaret in Camperdown for eleven days over Christmas and the New Year. We were made very welcome and felt 'at home' very quickly. We had an en suite room with an outside patio on the top floor of a small residential block. We had use of the kitchen and could use the lounge if we wished. We tended to eat breakfast at the apartment and then were out in the daytime as there was so much to do. We mainly ate out in the evening. The apartment was centrally located giving us easy access to Sydney by public transport. Even though all her bedrooms were occupied by guests we never got in each others way.
Everything was perfect in the house. The owner Margaret is a very helpfull person. The house is situated in a very nice area and very near to the center. We'll come back for sure.
- House close to city center, bus stop right on the road against - many restaurants nearby - quiet area - Margaret gives tips on demand - mold on bathroom ceiling - ants in the bathroom - great spots on room carpet - room not lockable - living room and kitchen (see photos) are shared by Margaret, her mother and a nurse - the three sleep between kitchen and living room, so you have to always pass them to get to the kitchen - Mother is maintained there, washed, etc. - mother makes at night loud, the man in the room - to 20 usable kitchen clock - laundry washing facilities once a week - use the dryer is not allowed - in the house, another roommate lives on the top floor of the second shared bathroom - very slow internet, Wifi often not available - there is no dining table - garlic odor in the house - Margaret is a heavy smoker and smokes in the house - towels are changed weekly and smell unfortunately smoke - Linen with spots - refrigerator can be shared (we found there moldy lemons) I tried the points as objectively as possible write down. After that, anyone can form an opinion. :) Subjective: Like the lady in front of me, I would recommend the place to stay if you can do without one or two days and need an accommodation to kitchen and living room. We were there for two weeks. I would not recommend. Margaret told us that they do not like to receive Long Term Stayer.
- Haus nah zum Stadtzentrum, Bushaltestelle direkt an der Straße gegenüber
- viele Restaurants in der Nähe
- ruhige Gegend
- Margaret gibt Tipps auf Nachfrage
- Schimmel an Decke im Bad
- Ameisen im Bad
- große Flecken auf Zimmerteppich
- Zimmer nicht abschließbar
- Wohnzimmer und Küche (siehe Fotos) werden von Margaret, ihrer Mutter und einer Pflegerin mitbenutzt
- die Drei schlafen zwischen Küche und Wohnzimmer, man muss also immer an ihnen vorbei, um in die Küche zu gelangen
- Mutter wird dort gepflegt, gewaschen etc.
- Mutter macht nachts Laute, die man in den Zimmern
- Küche bis 20 Uhr benutzbar
- Wäsche waschen ein Mal in der Woche möglich
- benutzen des Trockners nicht erlaubt
- im Haus wohnt ein weiterer Mitbewohner im obersten Stock, der das zweite Bad mitbenutzt
- Internet sehr langsam, Wifi oft nicht vorhanden
- kein Essenstisch vorhanden
- Knoblauchgeruch im Haus
- Margaret ist starke Raucherin und raucht im Haus
- Handtücher werden wöchentlich ausgetauscht und riechen leider nach Qualm
- Bettwäsche mit Flecken
- Kühlschrank kann mitbenutzt werden (wir haben dort schimmlige Zitronen vorgefunden)
Ich habe versucht die Punkte so objektiv wie möglich aufzuschreiben. Danach kann sich jeder seine Meinung bilden. :)
Wie bei der Dame vor mir, würde ich die Unterkunft empfehlen, wenn man ein, zwei Tage eine Unterkunft braucht und auf Küche und Wohnzimmer verzichten kann. Wir waren zwei Wochen dort. Würde ich nicht empfehlen. Margaret hat uns mitgeteilt, dass sie nicht gerne Longterm Stayer aufnimmt.
Margarents townhouse is modern over three levels and it located down a laneway off the road. My room was very spacious, quiet with a leafy view and a very comfortable bed. Margaret lives with her elderly Mum, sister and long-term tenant, but because the townhouse is large and over three levels it never seemed crowded. The city centre was only 15 minutes by bus and the bus stop was right outside. Margaret is a friendly and helpful host.
Not quite what we expected but price was right,room was clean and comfortable and host good,we would stay again.
The room was clean & nice, and the bed was very comfortable for my wife and I. It's located close to restaurants, and in a pretty convenient location for getting into the city proper (15 min). Good WiFi. Margaret is helpful and friendly. I would stay here again.
- Quality assured accommodation
- Every host is verified by telephone
- Secure payment via SSL encryption